Wednesday, April 2, 2008

American Liver Foundation Gala

What a magnificent evening!
The Connecticut Chapter of the American Liver Foundation held it's annual fundraiser in Southington last night. I was invited as a special guest and could not believe what a beautiful event it was. Restaurants from all over the state cooked for over 300 guests.
Every table was "assigned" a restaurateur and the chef created a gourmet wine dinner for each table.
Tables were decorated individually by the corresponding
restaurant creating a wonderful ambiance within the ballroom.
A live auction ensued during dinner and the food kept right on coming.
I was fortunate to be seated at the Mohegan Sun table and their chefs cooked up a scrumptious meal. Hats off to all 7 chefs!!
I basically "rolled" out the door! The goal was to raise $150,000 and I know that they must have succeeded that amount!! Kudos to the Committee and the Chairwoman Marla Sadler who worked so hard to make this event a success!


Pictured From Top to Bottom:

WFSB Channel 3-Al Terzi & I
Decorated Tables
My table mates Lynn and Ellie, boy did we eat!
Andrew and I at the front door~The Peace Corps is waiting for you!

No comments: