Saturday, May 17, 2008

Red Cross Blood Drive!!


GIVE BLOOD!!!!
This morning, I was on hand to greet blood donors at the Waterville Firefighters Blood Drive!
I got to meet some amazing volunteers and speak with some of the donors. I also learned that there is a HUGE need for blood in the State of Connecticut.
Pictured with me is Vicki Krampets the Team supervisor of the day. She told me that our State needs a minimum of 650 pints of blood A DAY, to keep up with demand. There are between 12 and 15 blood drives scheduled Monday thru Friday across our state, every week of the year!

There were also some terrific volunteers working the event and helping with refreshments.

I also had the opportunity to give out the "I Gave blood stickers" and spoke with with some of the donors. Mike, Pictured left, always gives blood and what I found to be consistent with the entire morning, is that many donors not only give thier own blood, but they volunteer within our communities,raising funds, building playgrounds and supporting other area organizations.
Now that's what I call volunteering!!!!
For the nearest blood drive nearest you, please call 1-800-Give-Life.
Just get out there and GIVE BLOOD!!!!!

No comments: