Friday, August 22, 2008






Time to get back to work!


To my pageant sisters. My city is facing a crisis.Our 2 hospitals are facing the closing of our shared Cardiac Heart Center. The center covers a large region of 300,00 people and the next closest heart center is approximatly 45 minutes away. Before our heart center opened, you would be taken by ambulance to Bridgeport (60 minutes away ) or Yale New Haven Hospital (45 minutes away) that is if you survived the trip. Since our heart center opened 3 years ago, we have saved thousands of lives but we did not meet the number of treated patients that the state set for the center.We have performed 1800 angioplasties exceeding the states assigned target of 1200+. We performed over 600 open heart surgeries falling BELOW the states target of 950. The difference of 350 open heart surgeries is the reason for the propsed shut down.


I am asking ALL of you to please fill out the petition on the attached link. It is sooo important for my city that critical cardiac care is not taken away from us.


http://www.heartcentergw.org/content/22/414/417.aspx

1 comment:

My Stehlar journey said...

Lynette, I signed the petition and truly hope the Cardiac Heart Center stays open. So glad I check all my pageant sisters blogs so that I can be a part and help out with things like this.
Best Wishes ~Jennifer